This is a very simple recipe, its great for special occasions with family and friends or even just to cook and divide up into prepped meals.
1 Whole Chicken
2 tbsp Piri Piri Fit Flavour (available in our online healthy spice shop)
2 Cloves of Garlic - Crushed
1. Preheat oven too 240oc.
2. Crush garlic cloves - use the back of a knife for this, or even a spoon. Both work fine.
3. Poor olive oil into a large mixing bowl - you'll need enough to cover the chicken.
4. Add Piri Piri Fit Flavour and garlic
5. Mix these together in the large bowl
6. Spoon the marinade onto the chicken and massage in using your fingers.
7. For best results, allow the chicken to marinade for 24hours
8. Place chicken in pre heated oven then cook for 45 mins at 180oc. Be sure that chicken is cooked thoroughly. An easy way to do this is to simply cut though the thickest part of the chicken to see if there is any pink colour. If there is, its not quite done.
Please note: The larger the chicken, the longer the cooking time.
9. When cooked, squeeze the juice of the lemons over the chicken, it really does bring it to life.
This really is a delicious, simple way to impress or just to prepare some meals,and because the meat is cooked on the bone it says very succulent.