Cajun Chicken Salad with Cauliflower Couscous
While not to the taste of lots of people, cauliflower has to be one of the most underused ingredients. Its so versatile and so easy to prepare. I’m not a huge fan of it it in its regular form, so this is why I tried a recipe similar to this, and now I love it. So why not give it a go, after all, it converted me to cauliflower so it could do the same for you.
1 Cauliflower, broken into florets
6 Sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped.
1 Red Pepper - roughly diced
1 Green Pepper - roughly diced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp of roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 bunch of chives, finely sliced
1/2 bunch of parsley, leaves only, chopped
Large handful of baby spinach leave.
400g/500g of chicken breast (no skin) - you can buy pre cooked if you like. I prefer to cook it from raw
Lemon juice - 1 Lemon
Cajun Sensation Fit Flavour Macro Seasoning
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor, with a pinch of cajun seasoning. Your aiming for the cauliflower to look a little like couscous
- Mix this in a bowl with all other ingredients - Except the chicken and lemon juice.
- For the chicken breast, if your cooking from raw. My preference is to butterfly each breast and pan fry.
- Allow the pan to heat before adding the oil, this prevents the oil burning. Add the chicken.
- Sprinkle with Cajun Seasoning… Cook thoroughly !!!
- Place couscous mixture onto a plate, into a bowl for sharing, or into your meal prep containers.